[lug] CD-R drives?

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at netinfra.net
Wed Oct 20 21:56:32 MDT 1999

On Mon, Oct 18, 1999 at 10:34:45PM -0600, socket at peakpeak.com wrote:
> Does anybody have recommendations for CD-Rs with good price/quality
> proportion?  I'm quite seriously going to archive (it's about time)
> and demand a refund now.  I've taken the box into the shop 3 times
> already, enough is enough.

Avoid Compaq if you ever want to install Linux.  I think the same is true of
Dell and Gateway.  They put their BIOS on a special partition of the hard
drive, making it all software, which sucks royally.

If you want, I do build PCs for myself (and for others), and haven't had
complaints yet.  Contact me if you're interested.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
WhoDP: whodp://earth.activerse.com/pedersen