[lug] a bit tired of updates

Jeffrey B. Siegal jbs at quiotix.com
Wed Oct 27 08:37:09 MDT 1999

"Elizabeth O. Coolbaugh" wrote:
> Actually, it just happened to me recently when trying to update my
> gnome packages using the official updates made available on the
> web site ... I saw the error message, the rpms did not get updated
> and I haven't gotten back to try and work out what packages were
> missing.

Did you download *all* of the rpms listed in the errata and update them
at the same time (with single invokation of the rpm command referencing
all of the rpm's on the command line)?  This is critical when updating a
complex multi-package facility like GNOME (or XFree86).  If you did
this, then you've identified a problem that should be reported to Red
Hat.  I haven't heard of this before.

Yeah, the Debian package stuff is better.