[lug] CU Miniexpo/ Installfest Update

Pedersen, Michael J PederMJ at LOUISVILLE.STORTEK.COM
Wed Nov 3 09:24:47 MST 1999

> 	Let's say, either Friday, or Sunday, at 6 or 7pm, at
> the Dark Horse
> (haven't been there in ages).

I just need to be given directions there (I'm kinda new to the area, sorry
about that).

> 	I'm not available any of the other days.
> 	By the way, do we have computers we can use to demo
> Installs on?  We may

I've got the perfect candidate.  It's a Pentium 90 that I got from somebody
recently.  Haven't even turned it on since then (mid-August or so), but
which was going to get Debian Linux installed anyway you look at it.  I'll
do it that day.

> need one or two.  If someone has a spare monitor, I MIGHT
> have a 486 we can

I've got a cheapie monitor that is a spare, but no manual for it.  As such,
no XWindows (I don't know the frequences for it).

I've also got some extra network cards, so we can do NFS installs of various
machines and distros (although, I'm not sure we'll want more than RedHat and
Debian for that purpose).