OT [lug] suggestions needed

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Dec 6 11:49:01 MST 1999

Thus spoke Dale Harris
> On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 12:17:15PM -0700, Hugh Brown elucidated:
> > So is Debian the distro of choice in this lug?  I am graduating from

Maybe by voice vote.  But I'd prefer the Red Hat variants, such as Krud or
Mandrake.  Everyone has their favorites.  It doesn't matter all that much
these days (anyone wonder what ever happened to Yggdrasil?).  If you want
bleeding edge, Krud is probably you're best bet.  If you want consumer
level product, go with Caldera or official Red Hat.  Debian, SuSE and
Slackware fit in the middle of these, basically.

I've yet to see any of them (except maybe SuSE with their association with
XFree86) try to differentiate themselves to any great length.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |    Trifles make perfection and perfection is no
The Graphics Muse           |    trifle.