[lug] a couple of Java questions

Mark Chance markc at roguewave.com
Tue Dec 21 10:51:13 MST 1999

Steven:

What do you mean "their image"? The VisualAge jar files?

I think you'll find that's true only if you're doing GUI
development with their builder which might add VisualAge
specific objects.  If you can either make it not do that,
or consciously not use them (if they're identified), and
use just plain JFC/Swing widgets (assuming you're doing
GUI things), then you should be fine (although nobody's
going to guarantee you see the same UI behavior in Linux
as NT... yes, it *should* be the same, but invariably
there are bugs/features/etc.)

Mark