[lug] Webgear Aviator2.4 WLAN

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Wed Dec 22 22:53:06 MST 1999

Alan Robertson wrote:

> It's an ISA bridge then?  In theory, I should be able to even put it in a 486?

Yes. The sets they we all purchased came with 2 PCMCIA cards and 2
ISA-PCMCIA adapter cards.

> Can laptops use DHCP through the Aviator card?

Yes.

> For example, if I put it up in
> my mother-in-law's house, and one here, and had DHCP servers on both, should I
> be able to move back and forth without any reconfiguration?

Yes. Sean got DHCP working just last week. He needed to tweak the
init script sequence so that dhcpd was started after the PCMCIA
code. But that was the extent of it. The laptops required no
changes whatsoever.

Oh, BTW, I did get the SMP changes done and sent off to the driver
author. So you don't have to stick it in the 486. You can now use
that spare quad-xeon you've got down in the basement. ;-)

--
Rob Riggs
Technical Staff