[lug] Resolution

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at netinfra.net
Sun Dec 26 18:06:40 MST 1999

On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 04:17:42PM -0800, Yuko Jonah wrote:
> How can I change the resolution of X for a single
> user. The default is  1280x1024, I would like to make
> it 800x600 or 1024x768.

Well, where this file is will depend on your distribution of linux, but the
file you want to find is called "XF86Config".  Use 'locate XF86Config' to find
it quickly (hopefully).

After that, you'll have to read the file.  Down towards the bottom, you'll see
a lot of "Screen" sections.  Change the order that resolutions appear in there
(you'll see them appear multiple times, for each number of bitplanes).

That's really it.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
WhoDP: whodp://earth.activerse.com/pedersen