[lug] sending log files to another machine

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Mon Jan 10 14:49:32 MST 2000

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Michael Deck wrote:

> Something I do (for other purposes) is
>
> cat log_file | mail user at machine

Yep, I do this too.  I also stuff a few egrep -v commands in the
middle of that pipe to filter out the uninteresting stuff and
send myself abridged versions that I actually look at.  Adding
subject-line info to the message (man your_mail_program) helps.

But, winrip, as for your perhaps-deserved paranoia . . . you do use
ssh and tripwire, yes?

Walter