[lug] NT workstation vs Samba

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Thu Jan 20 11:42:20 MST 2000

In order for an NT Workstation to connect to Samba with Samba emulating an
NT Domain controller, you have to create a machine account on the system.
Refer to the URL:

http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/ntdom_faq/page2.html#2-2

If you have an NT Domain controller and you want Samba to authenticate you
using that then you need to look at the "Password Server" parameter in the
smb.conf man page.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: 303 438 9585