[lug] Strange network happenings

David Morris boru at frii.com
Mon Mar 13 16:26:46 MST 2000

I have a strange problem accessing web pages from my home network...here is
the situation:

I have a RedHat LINUX box running the 2.2.5-15 kernel that acts as a
firewall/ip masq gateway to the internet for intself and a Win95 computer
(for games).  Like it or not (usually not!) I need to access the web
and a few other internet resources from the Win95 computer.  For the most
part, everything works wonderfully, except that there are some web pages
that will load just fine on the LINUX system, but not at all on the Win95
system.  This problem varies between slightly annoying and a royal pain, so
I really kind of need to find a solution eventually.  I put together my
firewall using the isinglass, and use the faq at linux.howto.com to put
up the IP masquerading.  In my abundant (yea, right! :) free time, I do
plan to do a more thorough job with the entire security thing, but that
will have to wait a few months.

I connect to the internet via ppp with a USR 56k modem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

David