[lug] will ksh 'Linux 2.0 elf' work w/ COL ?

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Mon Apr 3 18:58:21 MDT 2000

>>>>> "arnie" == arnie  <asherman1 at uswest.net> writes:

arnie> I would like to install ksh on my system. So far the only
arnie> version of it I have been able to find for Linux is from the
arnie> research.att.com site, and is a binary labled as Linux 2.0
arnie> elf. Does anyone know if this will work on COL2.2?

i don't *know*, but it should.  all recent linux distros have been
ELF.  you might have to track down some libc5 compatibility libraries,
but i'd suggest just trying it.  it can't be *that* big of a download.

arnie> Or, does anyone know where I can get a ksh that will work, rpm
arnie> or tarfile? I am looking for ksh93, not pdksh.

the sixth hit on google for "ksh93 linux rpm" seems to have binaries
explicitly for linux.  not sure if it is an RPM, tho.

t.