[lug] Multi-head display question

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Apr 10 10:41:34 MDT 2000

Thus spoke "Harris, James A (Jim)"
> I've got a couple of Matrox Millennium cards and a couple of monitors and
> would like to fool around with multi-head X, but I can't find much in the
> way of documentation on this type of configuration.  I've read through the
> XFree86 HowTO and done some searching on the web and I'm not finding much
> info aimed at setting it up and using it.

Multi-Head was introduced (at least in a stable release) with XFree86 4.0,
so chances are you'll have to upgrade your X server for that.  I have no idea
if documentation exists for setting it up.

Xi Graphics has supported multihead with the Millenium cards for at least 5
years - all the way back to when I last worked for them.  I don't remember
how the setup was, but in 5 years I'd think they would have made it
pretty straight forward.  www.xig.com
--
Michael J. Hammel           |   I hope that after I die people will say of me:
The Graphics Muse           |   "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."