[lug] Linux with ISDN

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Wed Apr 26 19:25:43 MDT 2000

Subba Rao wrote:

> I have been hearing a lot about the availability of ISDN solution
> for Linux, but I haven't found a decent FAQ or HOWTO document that
> talks about the setup or issues with ISDN/Linux.
>
> What ISDN hardware is supported on Linux?
>
> The kernel compilation has a big section for the ISDN subsystem.
> Yet, on the web I do not find much Linux/ISDN solution in English.

I would recommend not bothering with any of the internal
ISDN cards that require kernel support and just get yourself
an inexpensive ISDN router. I have one from Toshiba that cost
a paltry $120. (This one has an integrated 4 port hub -- the
router only model is in the $100 range.) The Toshiba router
has a decent web interface and was a breeze to set up.

--
Rob Riggs
http://www.pangalactic.org/