[lug] DirecPC & Linux ?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sun Jul 23 23:04:46 MDT 2000

The DirecPC FAQ states (at www.direcpc.com):

"Do you support Linux or Unix?

Currently, DirecPC does not support Linux or Unix.
There are, however, some third party solutions available."

... so much for that ...

A Google search reveals an old thread at Slashdot about the same topic,
and references in that thread to Helius Software, www.helius.com having
modifications for an older version of Caldera's Linux that will make it
work directly with DirecPC, but costs $199 for a four-user license.
Their web-site looks like it's targeted at small businesses who need
access and can't get it the "traditional" way with DSL, ISDN, or
whatever...

(Search was for "Linux and DirecPC)...

http://slashdot.org/askslashdot/00/01/22/192226.shtml

A friend of mine has started using a phrase recently which is meant to
be either funny or serious depending on the situation, and is used in
similar situations as RTFM is.

STFW... Search the _____ Web!  :)

Hope it helps...