[[lug] DSL, static IPs and the hunt for red october.]

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Aug 25 14:49:46 MDT 2000

I figured the best way to put an end to this "$35 for a /24" discussion was
to ask register.com.  Their response:

>Unfortunately, register.com does not offer IP addresses.  Please check
>with an ISP (internet service provider) or web hosting company.  They will
>likely be able to provide you with a static IP address.

So, it looks like unless you go with an ISP the cheapest rate we have on
getting IPs is $2500 per year for 4096 addresses or less.

Sean
--
 Gone Postal Sort: Iterate over elements, any element that is out of order you
 blow away.  -- Evelyn, Kevin, and Sean, watching Monty Python and reading DDJ