[lug] gcc/g++ solaris differences from linux

Archer Sully archer at meer.net
Mon Aug 28 23:18:20 MDT 2000

Chris Riddoch wrote:

> I'd like to know, from the other developers out here who have
> experience with the Solaris platform, what can I expect to be
> different with Solaris?

Your best bet to evaluate this would be gcc.gnu.org.  FWIW,
I doubt that you'll see any differences at all in a data
structures class.  Well, there will be alignment issues, etc...
but those will not likely affect your work unless you try
to transport structures between sparc and intel w/out an
XDR.

-- archer