[lug] Debian apt won't fetch ssh

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at keepthetouch.org
Tue Sep 5 11:35:46 MDT 2000

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 11:16:23AM -0600, Glenn Murray wrote:
> Thanks to those who replied.  The line worked for me, too.
> Thanks to Michael for a sample sources.list.  I would
> probably not want the bleeding-edge gnome, but would
> like the e-conf feature that comes with Red Hat but
> not Debian.

You're quite welcome. I hope it's useful to you.

I have to make a comment about "bleeding-edge gnome" here, though. It is a
fair classification to call it that, most likely. However, I haven't had this
version of gnome crash on me so much as once yet. It's been very stable, and
very usable. Best part, though, is that it just looks so much better than the
previous versions, and stays up so much better. I'm very happy with it,
personally.

I know, there are fans of KDE out there. I tried to use it with Debian.
Howeverm the packages weren't being maintained well enough, and for such large
systems, I ONLY want the packages. KDE looked better, but anymore, GNOME has
won me over.

-----
Michael J. Pedersen
Get GnuPG at http://www.gnupg.org
My GnuPG Key Fingerprint: C31C 7E90 5992 9E5E 9A02 233D D8DD 985E 4E72 4A60
My GnuPG Public Key Available At: http://www.keyserver.net