[lug] White square instead of mouse cursor in KDE and Gnome...

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Tue Sep 19 14:31:43 MDT 2000

"celttechie (Brian Jarrett)" wrote:

> -X version gives v4.0 and
> xdpyinfo | grep release gives me
> "vendor release number 4000"
>
> So is there something with 4.0 that's causing a problem with my mouse
> pointer?  Is there a way to revert to 3.3 (even though I'd really like to
> get the pointer fixed?)

It is using 4.0 then. Someone somewhere mentioned the hardware versus
software cursor line...that might be the answer. The 4.0 server has
different XF86Config format than 3.x, I suspect it is just your config
file. Try backing up your XF86Config and copying the version 4 one to
that name (it was mentioned in some previous BLUG email a few minutes
ago).