[lug] a few questions

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Tue Sep 19 15:09:47 MDT 2000

"Michael J. Pedersen" wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 02:40:11PM -0600, Scott A. Herod wrote:
> > Thanks for the suggestion.  "lspci" is a nice command.  I was unaware of
> > it.
> > I've got an old Mac 540C that I use as a zip drive that hates 100BT
> > networks
> > so I've only got 10 at home but it sounds like I've got a linksys card
> > for
> > sale; cheap.:-(
>
> Bummer. You definitely had that happen to you as well? I am actually very
> annoyed at them. The box claimed to have Linux drivers for the card, and the
> thing failed. If it wasn't for that that I can use the switch, and I've got a
> Windows box (gotta have them games, especially half-life), I'd consider taking
> it back.

I'll have to check when I get home, but I suspect that you are right.
Actually,
the guy that does Sys. Adm. for several of the schools in the eastern
part
of the BVSD has probably come to hate me.  I'll give them some
educational
software as well and they'll take the card off my hands.  Then all of
you,
through Uncle Sam, helps pay for it. :-)