[lug] dsl

Timothy Klein teece at hypermall.net
Tue Sep 26 19:55:48 MDT 2000

Not that it makes a difference with your P133 as a firewall, but now
Qwest DSL is 640 kpbs by default, no 256.  That's for the same lowest
price (30 bucks a month for the "deluxe" package, because you need the
external modem).  Anyway, I was happy when I got that news.

Tim

ljp wrote:

> By way of a miraculous miracle, QWest finally made it the 8 blocks from the
> old USWest building (can't be an office- no windows.. or maybe it is, I
> don't know), and I am jumping on the broadband bandwagon. ( woohoooooo..
> NASA-TV is going to be much more fun) Is a P-133 enough power to run as a
> firwall, for a 256 connection?  I only have a small home network, 2 or 3
> computers. Whats the lowest CPU/RAM that could possibly be useful?
>
> LP

== Timothy Klein       || And what rough beast                   ==
== teece at hypermall.net || Its hour come round at last            ==
== Aufwiedersehen!     || Slouches towards Bethleham to be born? ==
== Aufwiedersehen!     || The beast of Redmond, nothing more.    ==