[lug] exim ?

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at keepthetouch.org
Mon Oct 2 11:58:32 MDT 2000

On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 05:05:07AM -0600, J. Wayde Allen wrote:
> I am wondering what people's opinions are of exim?  It seems to be the
> default MTA in the new release of Debian, and I don't know much about it.
> Basically I'm trying to decide if it is worth my time to figure out how to
> configure exim or switch to something else.

Personal opinion: I hated it. Never could make it do anything, period. Gave up
on it very quickly, and went back to sendmail. Yes, I know it's a security
hole. However, it's a known one, and so one I pay attention to.

BTW, it's been the default mailer since Debian 2.1, at least.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 4E724A60        My Public Key Available At: wwwkeys.pgp.net