[lug] ssh help needed

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Oct 2 13:25:25 MDT 2000

I just tried to update my ssh keys on both my local and a remote system
and now I can't login without having to give my RSA key.  I'm running
OpenSSH 2.2.0p1.  I've generated the keys into .ssh/identity and
.ssh/identity.pub and uploaded the new .pub file to .ssh/authorized_keys on
the remote system.  At this point, shouldn't an ssh login get me into the
remote system without having to be prompted for my RSA key?  Have I left
out a step?  The local identity file is rw for my user only and the remote
authorized_keys files has permissions of 644.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |    A hard-on doesn't count as personal growth.