[lug] vi(m) question

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Oct 5 11:39:47 MDT 2000

Thus spoke Sean Reifschneider
> FWIW, I usually just leave my tabs set at 3, and if I'm sending something
> via mail or something I'll do "1G!Gexpand -3<enter>" to convert the tabs
> to spaces.

Interesting.  I've always used:

(where the first string is a tab and the second 3 spaces)

Does "1G!Gexpand -3" work better?  Will it, for example, maintain alignment
of columns spaced using tabs?

--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com