[lug] Invisible files

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Wed Oct 18 17:15:40 MDT 2000

What does the link line look like that make prints out?  It appears that
ld can't find libwtc8.so.  According to the ld man page, you may be
able to get it to work by defining

setenv LD_RUN_PATH <where ever libwtc8.so lives >

or

export LD_RUN_PATH=<where ever libwtc8.so lives >

At link time though, you should use -L<path to library> -lwtc8 to
set the path.  --rpath is intended for something else.

UNIX has no invisible files ( '.' files which aren't really invisible ).