[lug] resolve.conf contents -- origin?

Ken Kinder ken at kenkinder.com
Mon Oct 23 11:20:34 MDT 2000

Don't be too sure. A while ago, I had a Red Hat Linux box, and thought I had
disabled DHCP altogether. I used the runlevel editor and took it out of the
runlevels, but although my IP address stayed what I assigned it, the routing
table kept coming back and I couldn't figure out from where. rpm -e dhpc
fixed it...

If that doesn't work, you might try just grepping for that path through the
boot scripts or something to determine what's messing with it.

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 10:45:34AM -0600, Atkinson, Chip wrote:
> no, nothing dynamic about the interface configuration at all.  It has a
> static IP on the PPP interface and static IPs on the ethernet interface.

Ken Kinder
www.kenkinder.com