[lug] Limiting bandwidth

David Morris boru at frii.com
Thu Oct 26 20:49:20 MDT 2000

Sorry, I should have been more clear:

I am not at all worried about web traffic.  I have numerous programs
that use various ports out of my firewall, some of which require a
certain bandwidth to work properly...my VPN to work, for instance, has
big problems if it cannot communicate fast enough.  At the moment, I
simply avoid anything that might cause problems, but it would be nice
to set asside a certain amount of bandwidth for certain
programs/ports/IP Addresses and leave the rest for whatever random use
is needed at the time.

--David