[lug] OT - Tech writing or Coding code.

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Thu Nov 23 11:44:28 MST 2000

I've got 10 C++ lectures to code (html) over the weekend. Anyone know the
rules to coding tech docs?

I've never really paid attention to the rules of using teletype and arial
to specify code samples. The only real standard I can think of is if it's
a block of code it's in teletype. But say if, within a paragraph about
main():

Every app needs a main() function.

Would the "main()" be tt? I've seen it tt and plain but the prof is using
arial to specify main() in this context. I'd go with it his way but he's
not very consistent and appears he had a hard time formatting the doc with
M$ Word.

Thanks.