[lug] plugger, NS 4.76, bus error

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Dec 13 00:59:58 MST 2000

I have one address in an address book for Netscape Communicator 4.76.
When using this address and clicking "TO", which should put the saved
address in the "TO" line, I get an odd error:
Bus error               netscape-communicator

This is odd, but it rings a bell and I can't remember where I've seen a
reference to it. Anyway, I ran the app in gdb, and it is finding a seg
fault during a strcpy() inside function
XFE_AddresseeView::getColumnText(), which is itself residing within the
plugin plugger.so. Despite this plugin naming with .so, it is statically
linked (according to ldd). The man page says that plugger is a
multimedia extension...I have no idea why clicking on the "TO" button of
the address book would invoke it, so this seems bizarre. Has anyone seen
anything similar to this before?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com