[lug] vmware q's

Sean Reifschneider jafo-blug at tummy.com
Tue Dec 19 15:10:29 MST 2000

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 10:06:25AM -0600, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
>administer networking from Linux (which I understand) instead of Windows
>(which I don't want to).

VMWare doesn't help you any there...  It emulates another network interface
on the machine, so you still have to set up all the networking in VMWare
*EXACTLY* like you would if you had a stand-alone Windows box.  Now, if
you're just trying to get an excuse to load Linux on there AS WELL AS
Windows, go for it...  It's just that we see through your flimsy excuse...
;-)

Sean
--
 When in doubt, use brute force.