[lug] groups & file permissions

Sean Reifschneider jafo-blug at tummy.com
Tue Dec 19 15:22:31 MST 2000

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 03:15:48PM -0700, Todd Ruskell wrote:
>would set a flag of some directory so that any file created underneath
>it would always have the same permissions and group as the parent

Permissions?  I don't think so.  If you set a directory to mode
2xxx, files will pick up the group.  If it's 4xxx it will pick up
the owner.  1xxx means that only the owner of the file can
delete it.  Maybe you want something like 2777?

Sean
--
 I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking
 up something and finding something else on the way.  -- Franklin P. Adams