[lug] 19" monitor questions

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Thu Dec 21 13:42:32 MST 2000

Sometime back I spent a day or two reading reviews of 19" monitors.  In the end I came to the conclusion, that should I buy, it would be the Nokia 446 XPRO.  It would do 1600x1200 at something like 85 Mhz with a .22mm dot pitch.  It is not a trinitron monitor.  This was awhile back, and when I looked around at prices on this monitor a few weeks ago, I was seeing some 446 XPRO's listed with a dot pitch of .26 mm, and some with the .22 mm spec.  I think Nokia's monitor line was bought out by Viewsonic, and I'm guessing that this model may have been "de-tuned" a bit.  Anyway, every review I read on this model thought it was awesome.

OK, so I'm looking at pricewatch now, and I see one listed with a spec of .26 mm and a price of $350, and the first one listed with a spec of .22 mm is going for $541.  Maybe some of the older models are still available, that is, if my theory is correct.

Gary