[lug] Buying used equipment for home lab

celttechie (Brian Jarrett) celttechie at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 26 13:35:44 MST 2001

I'm wanting to start on a home lab where I'd have a few Cisco routers and some Linux and Solaris boxes networked together to work on CCNA and Solaris/Linux certifications.  I've looked at Ebay and a few used/refurbised resellers on line, but I was wondering if there was anything local.  I'd be looking mostly for networking equipment at this time (routers/switches) but I'm also interested in some Sparc stations or equivalent further down the road.

Any ideas?

Brian

P.S.  Another idea that crossed my mind would be some sort of community lab to help with these sort of things.  Has anything like this ever been done?  I imagine friends have gotten together to share equipment and learn, but I suppose there might be quite a few problems in just opening something like that to the public.