[lug] Linux and Satellite Internet Access?

David Morris boru at frii.com
Sat Feb 3 17:28:27 MST 2001

I was just wondering what options are available for connecting a LINUX
box to the internet via satellite?  Within the next 6 months or so, I
might well be moving up to the mountains, and it is likely that
neither DSL, nor Cable will be available for high speed
access.

As of a year ago (my last inquiry on the subject) the answer was that
nothing really worked all that well with Linux, if at all.  Has that
changed, or is it likely to change in the next few months?

--David