[lug] Line quality?

Mike Vigorita LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Sun Feb 4 14:32:15 MST 2001

Dan's correct.  I had a problem a few months back, where my
modem would not connect at all.  After 4 phone calls to Qworst, and
4 visits from a tech, I finally spoke to a field supervisor.  He said that
they (Qworst) only guarentee 2400 baud (yes, 2400, *not* 24,000).
Well, once I told him that I'm getting ZERO BAUD, they finally fixed
the line.

Anyhow, if you are connecting at 2400 baud or more, don't count on
any help from the LEC.

Viggy

Dan Radom wrote:

  The only requirement that a LEC (local exchange carrier) has is to
provide
  dial tone and data communications of somewhere around 2400
bps.  Above and
  beyond that is gravy.  They'll tell you your line tests fine, and that
you
  should replace your inside wiring.

  Dan