[lug] MS Apps ported to Linux???

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Feb 8 14:19:22 MST 2001

One thing that really sticks out for me is the concept of what is
defined as technological innovations. MS does not have much
consideration for reliability in terms of absolutes, whereas I think
Linux does. Current marketing tends to allow failures to be pushed aside
for MS models, and is targetted based on whether a significant portion
of people will accept the "quirks". It totally ignores the people who
are stuck with bugs and problems that are "show stoppers". If more
people began to put up with fewer bugs, rather than looking for
workarounds to accept the bugs, the whole story would change
dramatically. The current MS offerings are more extensive, but they are
too flawed.