[lug] SSH Export Question

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Feb 9 11:07:15 MST 2001

So I have a question:

With the "relaxed" (yeah, right) laws regarding cryptography export, is
it illegal to ship a machine to a company subsidiary overseas in the
"friendly countries" areas defined as the EU+8 that has OpenSSH
pre-installed on it so it can be administered securely from the States?

What are some of the things to consider?  I've looked at the
government's site regarding this and am having difficulty making heads
or tails out of the hideously poor job our elected officials have done
in trying to create "easy to use" guidelines.  There's a table there
that looks almost as difficult to figure out as my taxes.  :)

Anyone been through this before already?  Just looking for the plain
english version.

--
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>