[lug] Apache on RH 7.1 beta

Mark Horning rip6 at rip6.net
Thu Feb 15 21:30:20 MST 2001

"D. Stimits" wrote:

<snip>

> Is it not possible in the newer Apache to allow individual users to have
> cgi in ~/cgi-bin/? Must all cgi go in the public /var/www/cgi-bin/,
> written in stone? Somewhere I am missing something new, but couldn't
> find it on either dejanews or apache.org. Any ideas?
>
> D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com

Have you uncommented the following in the httpd.conf file?

#
# AddHandler: allows you to map certain file extensions to "handlers",
# actions unrelated to filetype. These can be either built into the
server
# or added with the Action command (see below)
#
# If you want to use server side includes, or CGI outside
# ScriptAliased directories, uncomment the following lines.
#
# To use CGI scripts:
#
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi