[lug] autologout

B O'Fallon bof at americanisp.net
Fri Feb 16 06:30:45 MST 2001

"D. Stimits" wrote:

>  find /etc/X11 -type f -exec grep -i logout {} \; -print -> Nothing at all.
> I also used various versions of "logout", such as
> "Logout", "LogOut", "LOGOUT", so on. :(

The file /etc/profile can have a line in it "TMOUT= period in seconds" that
will apply to everyone if set there (it a good trick for security), or it can
be placed in each user's home directory initialization files if individual
timeout periods are desired. It kicks in after the time interval to log out
the user. May you could look for TMOUT (and variations) with find in your
etc/X11 directories?

Additionally, the screensaver can be timed out, but I am assuming that you are
being booted completely out of the system back to the login prompt.

--
B. O'Fallon
bof at americanisp.net

Future historians will be able to study at the Jimmy Carter Library, the
Gerald Ford Library, the Ronald Reagan Library, and the Bill Clinton Adult
Bookstore.