[lug] How do you rpm the rpm rpm???

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Feb 19 19:56:06 MST 2001

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 07:22:18PM -0700, John Starkey wrote:

> Speaking of FS moves. What's up with the rc.d scripts? My old scripts aren't
> ruuning at boot and i see they moved the rc.d's and symlinked a lot of stuff.
> Where is the boot looking for scripts now? ie. Where does rc.local reside?

Can't speak from much experience here with RH7.0, but they started the
move to full FHS compliance.  The startup scripts are quite different
now.

I got bit by a RedHat'ism the other night on a 6.2 box ... put something
in rc2.d expecting it to run before rc3.d ... Sys V anyone?  whoops.  Argh.
Forgot that silly binary init jumps straight to run-levels.  Oh well...

Anyone know if they're still using the compiled binary init on x86
platforms in 7.x?  Are they still jumping up the runlevels?  I toasted
my only "play" 7.x box, so I can't check and I'm CURIOUS, darn it.  :-)

> Well. I would never have accidently put a K-6 233 in a 333 slot. I have no idea
> how it got there :} And the fan had finally fried.

Yikes.

--
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>