[lug] OpenSSH upgrade small issue

Justin glow at jackmoves.com
Thu Feb 22 11:24:13 MST 2001

Yes I'm aware of that, but I want to have protocol 1 available in case
the server I'm connecting to isn't supporting protocol 2 yet. I think I
mentioned in my original email that I could indeed force protocol 2, it
just wasn't using protocol 2 when 2,1 was specified in the ssh_config.
Hence the reason I asked why it appeared that ssh wasn't reading the
ssh_config on starting the connection.

Justin

> You can force the protocol by putting a line like
>
> Protocol 2
>
> in your sshd_config and your ssh_config.
>
> >From man sshd
>
> Protocol
>         Specifies the protocol versions sshd should support.  The
possi­
>         ble values are ``1'' and ``2''. Multiple versions must be
comma-
>         separated.  The default is ``1''.
>

> >From man ssh:
>
> Protocol
>         Specifies the protocol versions ssh should support in order of
>         preference.  The possible values are ``1'' and ``2''. Multiple
>         versions must be comma-separated.  The default is ``1,2''.
This
>         means that ssh tries version 1 and falls back to version 2 if
>         version 1 is not available.
>

> Hugh

> > You can see above that it just uses the ssh protocol 1 by default.
My