[lug] SSH

rm at mamma.varadinet.de rm at mamma.varadinet.de
Thu Feb 22 13:54:30 MST 2001

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 02:52:38PM -0600, Brian R. Stamper wrote:
> Both of the SSLPassPhraseDialog and the SSLRandomSeed are set to builtin and
> there there in the httpd.conf.  As for the virtualhost I'm not sure its set
> up so I'll go through and give it a try the httpd.conf does have a sample
> virtualhost that I can make my changes to.  Thanks so much!!
> Brian

So you get prompted for a passphrase on server startup? That's a good
sign. You don't need a Virtual Host BTW, you can also set up
SSL on a per-location basis. The important thing to remember is that
you set up the server to listen on port 443. This is the port
the browser contacts when you enter a 'https://...' URL.

 Ralf