[lug] SMB mounts?

Justin glow at jackmoves.com
Mon Mar 5 19:47:34 MST 2001

I am having problems mounting my windowsME shares with uid and gid permissions to my linux workstation. I can mount the shares just fine using the command:
/bin/mount -t smbfs -o username=glowecon,password=<passwd> //glowecon/e /home/files/windows/e
I do this as root so consequently I can only delete files as root, not my normal user which I am logged in as. I tried the uid=username gid=groupname parameters but nothing seems to be working. The man pages for mount and smbmount don't seem to be helping. Should I be doing this in a different way, /etc/fstab or something? I basically want to have access to my windows shares and have rw access to them. Is smbmount the best approach to this? TIA!

Justin

-----
glow at jackmoves.com
www.jackmoves.com