[lug] Re: Gnome term default size

Thomas R. Detman Thomas.R.Detman at noaa.gov
Tue Mar 6 23:58:33 MST 2001

If you right click on the terminal icon on the panel,
you should get a little sub menu with "properties" as
one of the choices. Click "properties" and a "launcher
properties" widget pops up. In mine the 3rd entry, command,
contains: "gnome-terminal --geometry=88x40".

I was messing with fonts recently and discovered that using
a font other than a "fixed" width could make the gnome-terminal
really wide. (I suppose cuz the terminal width is given in
characters, but for proportional fonts the character width is
not a constant, its different for each character.)

Tom