[lug] Re: Virtual Hosting

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Wed Mar 14 08:59:52 MST 2001

Like Nate, I'm still not too clear on what you're trying to accomplish with DNS.  To enable virtual hosting on a single web server, you can have a zone file that contains something like this:

site1	IN A 10.0.0.1
site2	IN A 10.0.0.1
site3	IN A 10.0.0.1

and so on.  I think you're just talking about a typical zone file.  From the persepective of DNS, there's nothing "virtual", just a bunch of A records that happen to resolve to the same IP address.  No magic, really.

Is this what you mean?

-John