[lug] JavaScript Help Forget

Kyle Moore kmoore at trustamerica.com
Fri Mar 23 13:49:01 MST 2001

rm at mamma.varadinet.de wrote:

> You have friends that can be made happy with JavaScript Code ? :-)))
> Now you've triggered my curiosity! What do you want to solve with
> that information (on the browser side). Doesn't a client allways
> 'know' where it came from? I can share a little bit more background
> infos (just to make your friend happy):

What I'm trying to do is weird. I have some asp pages and some html
pages. I have a login.htm that goes into an asp page that checks to see
if there was an error reported by the application server. If there was
an error the asp page does a Server.Transfer("login.htm") to send them
back to the login page. What I was thinking is that if in the login.htm
page I could check to see if I was referred from this asp page. If I was
I could then spit out a little message saying their username/password
was bad. I know it is nasty but I'm dealing with pages generated by
commercial software that will probably overwrite them the next time we
upgrade so I don't want to make major changes to the way it is
structured.

-Kyle