[lug] cron won't quit a job

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Fri Mar 23 15:24:51 MST 2001

I just compiled/install sshd2 over an rpm that just wasn't working. I
compiled a kernel simultaneously (using make .... && shutdown -r now)
and went AFK for a few minutes. On reboot I found that a cron job,
running as root, was restarting sshd2. I started it manually and
everything is fine, I can login and out no problem.

Is there a queue for cron jobs? Maybe the auto reboot cut something off?
cron -e as root didn't show anything that isn't there intentionally.

Can anyone help? This is running every minute and sending notice of
failure to root. Kinda got annoying about 120 minutes/warnings ago.

Thanks,

John