[lug] CGI uploading via client-end code

Calvin Dodge caldodge at brechin.fpcc.net
Wed Apr 25 16:05:38 MDT 2001

I'm looking for code which will let me upload files via POST to a web server.

Yes, it's easy to do with a browser - but I've found very little code which permits this from a program (i.e., without user intervention).

My first preference is for VB code (yes, it's from the Evil Empire (tm), but the server will be Linux-based, giving Linux a foot in the door of my employer's operations). My second choice would be Python, followed by Perl (sorry, but Python is much more readable).

Yes, I _can_ hack into cgiupload.py, but I'm hoping to find something a little more complete (i.e., post multiple variables and files).

Thanks for listening - I hope someone in this audience can point me to a solution.

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)