[lug] Linux on Laptops

Keith Herold herold at cslr.Colorado.EDU
Tue May 1 15:01:43 MDT 2001

I use a Dell.  They have full driver support for their laptops.  I have had
trouble free installs under Redhat 6.1, 6.2 and 7.0.

--Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-admin at lug.boulder.co.us [mailto:lug-admin at lug.boulder.co.us]On
Behalf Of Gary D Plewes
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 2:45 PM
To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us
Subject: [lug] Linux on Laptops

I am considering buying a laptop and I wish to run Linux on it. I was
wondering
if anyone out there who uses linux regularly on a lap could suggest a
Make and or Model
of laptop that would not have allot of incompatibilities with Linux. I
would like to avoid
if possible proprietary hardware such as built in modems sound cards
ect... I would like
to be able to connect to the network at my place of employment via
network card and at
home with just a modem.

Any suggestions?

Much Thanks