[lug] Linus's response to Mundie

Dhruva Reddy sledgehammer2010 at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 13:18:30 MDT 2001

What I took from Mundie's speech is that open source
is a bad thing, just because for-profit corporations
cannot benefit from it, and therefore it must be
squashed like a bug.

This is what raised my hackles more than anything
else.  While I agree that this is an issue worth
addressing, I'm not sure that the responsibility for
addressing this should rest with Linus.

I say that if you have an idea, run with it.  If
you're not interested in doing so, tell someone who
is.

Dhruva