[lug] Auto FTP file up on PPP connection

Holshouser, David dholshou at ball.com
Thu May 17 08:05:53 MDT 2001

Instead of using the free qwest page and doing some work around with a
redirect page, I highly recommend using some kind of dynamic dns server.
There are many good free ones and you can have a name that sounds (mostly)
cool, mylastname.dyndns.org or somesuch. I pay $20/yr for a full domain
name, mylastname.com, and have had 100% reliability.

These systems supply executables, mostly perl scripts, which will maintain
your IP in their tables without all this extra effort you are about to put
out.

Below is a list (and ratings) of dns suppliers. Embedded within the list are
markings for the free ones and the dynamic ones.
http://dns.highsynth.com/
http://dns.highsynth.com/index-r.shtml